Filming of Franny the Pumpkin, the play written and directed entirely by students, is underway at Four Winds School. The project is entirely student run from rehearsals to costumes to filming! Keep an eye out this week for a sneak peak of the trailer on our Facebook page!
In other news, we had a great time visiting the Pequot Museum yesterday! Check out our video and pictures on Instagram.
- Monday, 10/29: Outrageous outfits and/or wordplay costumes (for example, “pumpkin pi”)
- Tuesday, 10/30: Dress up as someone you admire or a character from a story (could be a story from Four Winds or another source).
- Wednesday, 10/31: Halloween! Wear Halloween costumes to school.
- Thursday, 11/1: Dress up as an animal or mythical beast.
- Friday, 11/2: Pajama day!!
Afternoons this week
- Monday: Health Class with Whole Children‘s wonderful teacher, Brian Melanson. Our main focus areas this year will be 1) consent and boundaries, 2) gender roles, sexism/misogyny, and gender identity, and 3) puberty.
- Tuesday: Humanities Class.
- Wednesday: Pumpkin Carving and Painting for Halloween!
- Thursday: Science Class: Students are doing a long term moon journal project. Please help your students remember to complete their journals at night! Thank you!
- Friday: End of biweekly as usual.
Thanks to the help of some students, we now have a YouTube channel. Some of the kids were asking how to find it, so if you want to direct them to it (or subscribe yourself!) you can find us here.