Weekly Update: October 21st-25th, 2019
This week at Four Winds, students tarted reading Lyddie by Katherine Patterson and writing their Tom Sawyer Reading Responses. We read Emily Dickinson poems every day in preparation for Friday’s field trip to the Emily Dickinson Museum in Amherst. (Pictured, students have recess outside the museum before starting our tour).
Next week in both science and humanities, students will be learning about the effects of population growth on the environment and in socioeconomic contexts.
Upcoming Dates and Events
Halloweek, 10/28 – 11/1
: This week is our school spirit week! Halloweek participation is optional. If participating, students should not wear costumes that are too distracting/prevent them from completing their work, and should make sure that their costumes are not culturally appropriative
. The schedule for each day is below:
- Monday 10/28 – “Switcharoo day:” Dress up as someone else from school (with their consent). Works best if you dress up as each other!
- Tuesday 10/29 – Outrageous outfits
- Wednesday 10/30 – Dress like your favorite character. Pumpkin carving in the afternoon at project time.
- Thursday 10/31 – Wear your Halloween costume to school
- Friday 11/1 – Pajama Day and/or Crazy Hair Day. We’ll play The Nightmare Before Christmas in the afternoon for students who are done with their biweekly.
Walk-a-thon Pledges/Donations Due: Friday, November 1st, 2019!
First ever picture day: Tuesday, November 5th. More information to come!
“Field Trip,” November 8th, 1:30-3:15: Linguistics Workshop with Effie’s mom, Emily, at Four Winds.
Monday, November 11th: No School (Veteran’s Day)
Tuesday, November 12th, 6-7:30pm: Open House. Please mark your calendars for the first open house of the school year!
Support Four Winds School
Spread the word, like us on Facebook and Instagram, and click here to donate! Thank you!
Four Winds School is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.