It’s great to be back after such a long break! In skills workshop this week we talked about ways to add detail to formal essay writing and the kids have really seemed to get the hang of it. In humanities we reviewed chapter 3 of The Mayflower and read part of this great resource from the Pequot museum about European diseases spreading through Native populations. In science students made topographical maps of the land form model and did an experiment about aquifers. On Friday we watched an episode of The Cosmos with Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
The next open house will be on Wednesday, February 13th form 6 to 7:30pm. Open houses are a great way for prospective families to check out the school and meet our teachers and current families, and they’re an awesome opportunity for current and alumni students to socialize together. Check out our Facebook Event for more details!
- No School on MLK Day: Monday, January 21st
- Early registration for camp starts: January 31st, 2019
- February Open House: Wednesday, February 13th from 6 to 7:30pm
- February Vacation: February 18th-22nd 2019
- Click here to view our calendar
Support Four Winds