Spring 2021 COVID Plan
Fully in-person schedule starting on April 5th:
Note: Hattie and Altethea will be available remotely during Academic Work Time when they are not present at school.
Weather permitting, we will do school work in the tent and eat lunch at Unity Park whenever possible. Indoors, our two rooms each have four large, openable windows and a state-of-the-art air purifiers. Students wash their hands every time we enter the building, and we sit in a large, socially distanced circle for many activities. Additionally, parents of in-person students must agree to the following terms in order for their students to attend.
Updated Health & Safety Agreement 2021
According to the CDC; parents, caregivers, or guardians should monitor children for symptoms of infectious illness every day through home-based symptom screening.
Students who have any of the following symptoms should not attend in-person school:
- Temperature of 100.4℉ or higher
- Sore throat
- Cough (for students with chronic cough due to allergies or asthma, a change in their cough from usual)
- Difficulty breathing (for students with asthma, check for a change from their baseline breathing)
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
Please check your child for these symptoms before they go to school.
If your child DOES have any of the symptoms above:
- Keep them home from school
- Get your child tested for COVID-19
- Contact us and report that your child is sick
- Contact us again to let us know the test result
If your child has to stay home from school, they can still join remotely from 8:30-9:30, 10am-11:30, and 1:30-2:30pm if they are feeling well enough to do so.
Additionally, the board approved the proposal to get back to full time, in-person learning by Thursday April 1st on the condition that students get tested for COVID-19 on a weekly basis. You can schedule and obtain a covid test for free at the CIC Health Clinic now located at GCC. Please forward us the negative test-result confirmation email after every weekly test.
Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com